Tuesday, May 28, 2013

And speaking of half marathons

I ran the Geneva half Marathon in May. Cinco de Mayo to be exact, also Pepe's 16th birthday! Anyway, I'm not going to lie, it was heinous. O.k. the second half was heinous. I found out after I got sick soon after I finished this, that I had been lugging around my bff strep throat through the race which I thought I had broken up with two weeks prior... so maybe that is why I wanted to jaunt off about 10 different times, rip off my race number and just pretend to be a person walking down the street. I did it though! And the route was stunning. We started out in the Swiss country-side, we ran down country roads through fields of mustard and grapes with the alps in the background...c'est magnifique.


We ran through the country-side into an area called Cologny. This is the fancy part of Geneva, right on the lake, beautiful scenery and homes.


Then we ran down along the lake, into downtown (past the finish line mind you when there was still 7 kms to go) up to the United Nations, then back down along the lake to the end.
Jaime, Lucia and our friends Tot and Mark met me at the end.



Lucia hopped the fence and was urging me to get my medal asap - I barely even had time to high-five Mark, gosh.



I ordered a full english breakfast - it was the best part of the day!

1 comment: