Monday, July 15, 2013

Last day of Swiss Kindergarten

Lucia finished school on June 29th. Our village has a giant fete to celebrate the end of school - there is a big parade that all the kids march in, rides, food, etc. It was really fun! We ran into so many people that we knew and was so great to see the whole community out to celebrate.


Lining up for the march. That is Rodrigo in the plaid...

 
Bff Tara



Lucia marching. We couldn't figure out why she wouldn't smile at us, but she told Jaime that her teacher told the kids you have to look straight ahead - nowhere else. She took it seriously.




O.k. this is a teacher in Luc's school. I see her every day and her outfits are CRAZY! She looks like she should be in an H&M ad, but somehow not quite right. Like, neon floral pants, 4 inch hot pink shoes and a lace tank top to school. Every day! Anyway, so I saw her at the parade and had to photograph. This is one of the more tame outfits though.




Luc, Anamar and Victoria. Anamar (in the white) is in Luc's class and Victoria is her older sister. As a side note, Luc attended Victoria's bday party a few weeks back. The parents are Portugese and just moved here, so they don't know all the french. The invitation said the bday party was at a parc by our house. So I dropped Luc off and an aunt told me to come to get her at 16:00. So I came at 16:00 - no one there. I look all around, no one there. So I come back at 17:00 - no one there. And by the way I should say, the invitation said they should be picked up at 18:00. But then the aunt told me 16:00, so I thought I should keep checking. So I go back again at 18:00 and see some other parents waiting. Finally at 18:15, a few cars roll up with a bunch of girls in them. Luc jumps out, hugs and kisses everyone and on the way home is so excited because she got to sit in the front seat of the car! And not only that, on a lady's lap in the front seat! I asked her where she went and she said a place. She said it wasn't a house, but it was a place and there was a couch and she slept with a baby on a couch and missed the whole bday party. ? The girl has not taken a nap in years, but slept with a random baby on a couch at a place that wasn't a house? Anyway, I was just laughing... at home, you would never transport someone's child somewhere without telling them. There would be permissions to be had, seats to be installed, allergies and sensitivities to be discussed, etc. Glad she came back!

 

Lucia, Anamar and teacher Marianne. By the way, this is teacher Marianne's last year of teaching. She has been teaching for 41 years! After we took this photo, Luc started crying and ran back to her to hug her... then she started crying and couldn't stop. I think she had been holding it together till then..how sweet.
Luc and Kloe

No comments:

Post a Comment