Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ludotheque

I've been meaning to do a blog post about this for oh, about three years. Switzerland has toy libraries (ludotheques)! There is one in almost every neighborhood in Geneva and one just two blocks from us.
The ludotheque has games, puzzles, toys, bikes, trikes, costumes.... pretty much any kind of toy you can imagine from babies on up to older kids. It is only open on Wednesday mornings for 2 hours and then on Monday afternoons for two hours. You pay a yearly fee ($20-$40) and can check out 1 or 2 toys per week. Isn't this the greatest idea? I mean especially when kids are young, they play with something for like a minute and then they are done and you end up having a bunch of crap piled up in your house. I think someone should open one of these in the U.S! They also have areas to play for kids... so you can also just go there to hang out and don't have to check out anything.
Luc even checked out a trampoline one time (that was hard to carry home)... oh and I've seen a unicycle and pogo sticks too.










When our friends Brent and Karin came to visit with their kids,  I took the kids to the ludotheque and they could hardly believe it. Kirstyn checked out a giant car and drove it home!



No comments:

Post a Comment