This is Jaime tuning in from Sarah's address. Apparently, I have posted too many pictures on the blog so I have run out of bandwidth for the blog for the moment, but I will get that fixed. Sorry that I haven't posted for a spell!
So, for the past two years I have wanted to do a "ski vacation", as the Swiss are known to do. It is no secret that I love to be in the mountains, but there was one flaw in my plan: Lucia and Sarah have never skied and would much rather head to the beach than a snow covered mountain.
I finally got my wish a couple weeks back and we went to the Les Deux Alpes mountain in the French Alps! (the second oldest ski resort in the Alps behind Chamonix) We all had a blast. It was so beautiful, but the first two days it was dumping snow and colder than heck. The girls looked at me like, "um, why are we here? " It made it tough to get out of the warm room, even for me.
I dragged myself snowboarding into the bitter cold on the second day and woah: the mountain was not for the faint of heart, nor the out-of-shape. I rode the lift to the top of the mountain, which was almost 13,000 feet up (to give you a comparison, the top of Mt. Baker is 10,800 feet) and by the end of the day, I could barely walk. It was one of the most beautiful, challenging and diverse mountains I have ever skied.
I dragged myself snowboarding into the bitter cold on the second day and woah: the mountain was not for the faint of heart, nor the out-of-shape. I rode the lift to the top of the mountain, which was almost 13,000 feet up (to give you a comparison, the top of Mt. Baker is 10,800 feet) and by the end of the day, I could barely walk. It was one of the most beautiful, challenging and diverse mountains I have ever skied.
The next day the sun came out and what a beautiful day! We finally convinced Lucia to try skiing and she loved it! She was fearless, I tell you. Here is a view of the slopes from our room:
The proud skier and dad working on turning

The proud mama
One of her first runs..look at her form!
Here is her giving the play by play on almost knocking out a lady on the slopes (I can't get the video upright..sorry):
And her first-ever banana-split after a hard day on the slopes
We had a blast! Lucia is ready to go up again, which we will soon with our friends Ian and Alex in a couple weeks..look for more ski photos soon. If any of you know a way I convince can Sarah too...
Be well,
We 3



love it!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, go, go Luc! You did a great job....except for the part about almost skiing into the Lady! whoa, you crazy girl!
ReplyDeleteI loved your pictures and really had fun watching your videos too.
Love
Nana