O.k. I know we have really been slacking off on the blog posting. Sorry! I thought I would start by posting some pictures from our trip to Innsbruck over New Year's. My friend Aimee that I grew up with lives there with her son Alex. It is such a treat to see Aimee... even though we don't see each other very often, it's like no time has passed in-between, the way it is between good friends. I also love seeing our kids play together. I just remember us being a little older than them, running loose, toilet papering people's houses and sometimes I feel a crazy deja-vu standing there watching our kids goofing around. Luc also just loves Alex. He is nine, and is just the sweetest guy. He was very good about keeping track of Luc and playing with her, even though he is older and more professional, as all nine year olds are. We love getting to spend more time with him.
Old Town Innsbruck
We got the kids treats while we listened to music and drank gluhwein (hot wine for you gringos)
Aimee riding the kids on her bike. By the way, whenever I see her son Alex, two words come to mind: immaculate conception. He looks so much like her it seems crazy that there was anyone else involved in the equation.
Took Alex on a horse/carriage ride
Aimee and her boyfriend Wolfgang
Snuggling
We took a telepherique to the top of a mountain (forget which one, oops), stunning view
View from the top of the mountain, Innsbruck is below










love these photos - Lucia is starting to look, um OLD! the last photo i can almost imagine her has as (dare I say) a teenager...thanks for posting the photos and stories.
ReplyDelete