Monday, September 10, 2012

The black thing

Transcript of conversation in our house

Luc - Mama, have you seen the black thing?
Me - What black thing?
Luc - The black thing
Me - I don't know what you mean, there are a lot of things that are black, you have to tell me more
Luc - Hold on
Me - O.k.
Luc - (comes back and shows me this) Here I drew a picture on my leg for you so you know what I mean
Me - (thinking - this could be anything) Hmm. Is this something of yours?
Luc - No, it's dada's.
Me - Where do you play with it?
Luc - I usually play with it outside
Me - O.k.,  I think I know where it is
Luc - Thank you!

O.k. I'm not going to lie, I was a little impressed with myself for finding this after viewing that drawing. I mean, I have never seen her play with it and don't even know what it is. Some brillo pad sander cleaning thing? I had happened to see it outside at some point though and took a guess.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you handled this one and it was so sweet of Lucia to draw it on her leg for you but inquiring minds want to know...Is there a paper shortage up in your house???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this..you two are too wonderful. Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Emily: We have plenty of paper, but we are trying to save the world, one 4-year-old at a time. :) Ha!

    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious. I love your stories and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete