Thursday, September 6, 2012

First day of Swiss Kindergarten!

Can someone tell me what happened to this person?


I can't believe how time flies. Lucia started her first day of Suisse Kindergarten last week! All went well. She was so excited to go, she skipped out the door and smiled the whole way to school. I can't believe this skipping, happy, bilingual lady is the same one we arrived with in Switzerland two years ago.





We got a list from her teacher about what things she would need for school this year. I knew what everything was, except one bulleted item on the list. It said - Basanes dans un petit sac. So I knew it was something in a small bag, but had not heard of basanes before. So I did google translate and that sentence above translated to - in a bag of sheepskins. In a bag of sheepskins? What? So I was thinking, maybe for some reason she needs a blanket at school? I mean, I don't know. So I asked Jaime to ask some of his french colleagues so I didn't embarrass us too much by bringing the wrong "in a bag of sheepskins" to school. And it turns out, basanes are special gym slippers. Who knew! I think I should write google translate a note...

No comments:

Post a Comment