So Lucia is at the age where she asks about 50 million questions a day. About everything. The trickier questions are about things that are hard to explain. I know, that was really profound. Example though - last night she was reading one of her leapfrog learning books that talks, and she pointed to some part of the book and it said "Wow! You just put the R in Rock and Roll!" She turns to me and says, "How do you put the R in rock and roll?" I couldn't even begin to explain what that meant, so I just said "I'm not sure". Usually she would follow up with about 50 more questions, but I got lucky and she accepted that answer. Sometimes Jaime or I look at each other like why did we just say we were floored about something? Because there she is asking "What's on the floor?" "What does that mean?" "Why were you on the floor?" If we explain that being floored means say, shocked, it's "What's the shock?" "Where is it?" "Does it hurt?" Ah! I do love all of her questions and curiosity though, don't get me wrong.. it just makes me think of how many things I say that kind of don't make sense!
But anyway - speaking of Rock and Roll, Jaime was out of town in Prague a couple of weeks ago and Luc had her spring break the same week. So we were together 24/7. So of course, we had a dance party. I tried to teach her the moves to Stayin' Alive.... what is it - the bus stop? The shuffle? I can't remember, but here she is giving it a shot.
Is there a video attached to this story?
ReplyDeleteOh, I see it now! CUTIE!!!
Deletethat is adorable. i love that you had a dance party. what i can't figure out, however, is why the Button is wearing clothes?
ReplyDeleteSinging Bird, she was naked for one year straight but is now always clothed... it's hard to keep up, I know.
ReplyDelete