So yesterday was her first longer day. I picked her up and wondered what she had done all day. Last year and the year before we attended a co-op preschool where I went along with her, so I knew what was happening and what she was doing. Getting information out of an almost three year old can be tricky business though. I want to be an interested parent and also hopefully get some information on what things she liked to do in case I need to be ready to sing the merits of school in the future when she is telling me she doesn't want to go (always trying to be prepared for future battles). So I decided to just start asking a bunch of questions.
The teacher had told me they went to the park that day, so I knew that much. I asked her what she played with (cars), asked if she did anything else, no response other than cars. So I started asking her about the park. She told me she played on the slide, the slide was red and didn't go on the swings. So I asked her how she got to the park - did she go on a stroller? Did she walk?
She paused for a minute and said "Did you go on a leash?"
Um, what?
To explain this, she sometimes talks in the second person - like will ask me if I want to ride the trike - meaning she wants to ride the trike. Confusing, I know. But she only does it some of the time.
So the did you go on a leash thing... I guess she walked along with all the kids holding onto a rope to the park, at least I'm assuming that she wasn't really on a leash, but who knows! She also told me that the leash looked a little like Sophie's (grandma's dog).
I can't wait to hear what happens next week!
I love it :) Hug the little Button for me! I miss her!
ReplyDelete