Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laundry


Oh hey, did I mention I have been doing our laundry in the bathtub? I have! And I love it! Who needs a washer and dryer when you have a bathtub?
Oh and did I mention that we moved here three weeks ago and the week before moving we also didn't have access to a washer and dryer? It's true!
What could be better than to have a month's worth of laundry for three people piled up at home waiting for the most opportune weather to dry the clothes that were just washed in the bathtub? Not much!
In all seriousness, we really don't have a means of doing laundry. Before you think that the village we live in is so remote and small that everyone washes clothes in their bathtubs, let me assure you that this is not true. Our village is so small and remote that they don't have a laundry facility to wash clothes in, but I'm pretty sure everyone else here is able to do their laundry.
Long story short - we signed a lease that stated that there was a shared laundry in the basement of our building, but there wasn't. So our Swiss relocation people that are helping us with our move say do not buy a washer and dryer, the landlord must correct this as it is in your lease. So yeah, that was two months ago... Apparently all the Swiss have been on holiday and these things take time.
Luckily I have an associate who assists me in this daily task. She puts the clothes into the tub and then rinses them as well - all without demanding a salary or benefits aside from the 24/7 parenting duties we provide. I think we'll keep her!















2 comments: