Hello my precious offspring,
I am hoping that the internet will still be around when you are old enough to read this; but if not, I will print it out for you.
Tomorrow you will be three.
I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. You came out of me all cattywompus since you were breech and were crying and yelling. Your dad was there and your grandma too. Your dad says that when he talked you to you, you stopped crying and looked at him straight in the eye.
Here are the things I love about you:
You laugh a lot more than you cry.
I love that you have to smell the first page of every book.
I love that you respond to so many different names - Button, Buttie, Mrs. Johnson, Boop, Luc, Luci, Lucia, Ms. Silly, etc.
Even though it is kind of weird, I love all of your rituals that have to be practiced the same exact way each time and can't believe that I remember all of the details of each one.
I love that you want to give hugs to slugs.
I love that you sing to spiders.
I love that you like kitties and dogs, birds, etc.
I love that you say hi to the leaves and the trees whenever we pass them.
I love that you make jokes, and are possibly almost as funny as your Ma.
I love that you are so curious and inquisitive.
I love that you sing and love to dance.
I love that you don't know how to lie yet and always tell me the truth.
I love that you love your family and friends so much and are always talking about your grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. all the time.
I love that you make your own fun - stacking animals, putting people in pots and pans, jumping around, etc. You make your own good time wherever you are.
I could go on and on, but mainly I want to say, like I do every day to you - that I am so happy to be your Ma and can't believe how lucky I was to get such a wonderful lady in my life.
Today I made cupcakes for school for your birthday party, and you came home with a crown.
By the way, the teachers at school had never seen a cupcake! What? They asked me if it was some kind of muffin and said that they were very good. I had no idea that cupcakes were a US thing.
Happy Birthday!
Love, your Ma
Happy, Happy Birthday to our most precious girl. You are loved beyond measure!
ReplyDeleteI love that Luci, Luc, Lucia, Lay, Button etc has such wonderful loving parents and a Ma that anyone would aspire to. Hugging slugs, a little quirky....but the apple doesn't fall far.... ;D!
As for the cupcakes, Cupcake Royale gets wind of this and they will expand their franchise. Hey there is food for your entrepreneurial thoughts, Sarah.
i love that you wrote this
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky girl Lucia is to have such wonderful, quirky, and loving parents- who are constantly teaching her about all the good things in life. She has the life that every little girl dreams of.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, Sarah. Thank you for sharing this.
I love you all so much, and my heart aches that I can't give you all a big, suffocating hug every time I think of you.
(ps- I might have teared up when I read this, but there were no witnesses, so it can't be proven.)
Oh, the tears. They just keep rolling. This is one tender love letter to your precious daughter.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your associate, she's so lucky to have you and Name as parents! I loved reading this! - Wah
ReplyDelete